July 31, 2011
In this week’s podcast, we talk about Geoff Lemon on the carbon tax, new local literary journals taking up the digital challenge and Pat Grant’s Blue, a new Australian graphic novel with a very strong accent.
This podcast includes some explicit language.
Links to pieces discussed:
- Geoff Lemon’s ‘You Shut Your Goddamn Carbon-Taxin’ Mouth’ on his blog Heathen Scripture and in a somewhat sanitized version on The Drum.
- Hugo Bowne-Anderson review in The Australian ‘Literary journals provide quirky proof of print’s durability’.
- Pat Grant’s online graphic novel Blue.
- Fiona recommends John Updike’s Rabbit, Run.
- Rebecca recommends Eliot Weinberger’s An Elemental Thing and his upcoming appearance at the Melbourne Writers’ Festival.
- Sam recommends Kino Sydney – a short film open mic night – and Lee Tran Lam’s food blog The Unbearable Lightness of Being Hungry.
The Rereaders podcast is produced by Jessica Minshall.
Intro and exit music ‘Cultural Capital’ by Post Paint.