Audio submissions are now open anytime
Our series of One Night Wonders live albums are being released in hard copy and digitally throughout 2014 and 2015. Individual tracks will be considered for online publication at any time. Send files or relevant links to email@example.com. Submissions do not have to be at broadcast quality or include sound production. We may be able to assist you in re-recording your work before publication.
Pitch to the website
We’re open to short or long-form pieces of non-fiction for the website. Send your pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Going Down Swinging print submissions are now closed.
Our next collection will be made up of long pieces. Properly long, from around 10,000 words up to the length of a short book. Each will be paired with an illustrator and published as part of a multi-format collection in 2015.
We’ve already selected a short story collection and an extended graphic art piece, so we’re especially interested in non-fiction, extended fiction and verse.
- Long-form essays on any subject, (auto)biographical writing, creative non-fiction.
- Detailed pitches, if you can complete the work in the next three months.
- Long-form fiction, whether one long piece or several linked stories.
- Entire poetry collections or extended verse (upward of 500 lines).
- Entire short story collections.
- Extended graphic / comic art pieces.
- Illustrators will be commissioned, so link to or send a folio to show us your style.
Don’t throw a bunch of random stories or poems together and pretend they’re a collection. The contents need to hang together as with any manuscript.
Don’t send a third of a bad novel that you never managed to finish and call it a novella.
Don’t pad out any existing work with enough extra pages to drag it over the word count.
Do read and follow all the guidelines. Submissions close November 26.
HOW TO GET PUBLISHED
- Read Going Down Swinging. Most of what we publish comes from readers, because they understand what suits us. You’ll probably even enjoy it.
- Our current print issues are No. 35 and No. 33, and our low-cost digital editions are No. 34 and No. 31.
SUBMISSIONS CLOSE 27 NOVEMBER 2014, MIDNIGHT AEDT
Submissions that do not follow these guidelines cannot be accepted or responded to.
- One item per author.
- Email to email@example.com. No post.
- Questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, not the submissions address.
- Put your pen name and the type of work (non-fiction, poetry, etc) in the subject line.
- Writers use .doc or .docx format, 12-point font, lines spaced by at least 1.5 times.
- Visual artists link to your online folio, or send a sample of work, not specific works for publication.
Thanks world, we’ll look forward to seeing your work.
Check out our previous editions here.